The NA-D810 Housing
The NA-D810 is an evolutionary marvel. A long list of pioneering engineering breakthroughs from previous Nauticam designs are now standard in NA-D810. The patented housing Locking Latch System has received acclaim worldwide for its ease and functionality. These recessed latches are equipped with safety locks, reduce bulk and require minimal physical effort to engage and release. Port changes have never been simpler than utilizing the Patented Nauticam Locking Port Release. No wrestling, no twisting, no misalignment – just seat and lock. Lens changes are also easily accomplished without removing the camera from the housing using the lens release button logically accessed on the housing front. The lightweight, rugged Nauticam handles are generously contoured with a durable over-mold process of comfortable non-slip rubber. The vacuum monitoring and leak detection circuit provides peace of mind by enabling the user to ensure that their housing is water tight before entering the water.
The NA-810 is a shining example of the best that Nauticam has to offer. Every control placement is well thought out. Every button, lever and switch considered not in terms of what is easier for the designer, but what is right for the shooter. An excellent example is the patent pending Multi Controller Pad that is located within easy reach of the right thumb. The device virtually recreates the Nikon multi selector on the back of the NA-810 housing allowing full multidirectional use of this powerful tool (including diagonal movement). No other manufacturer has this. Camera loading is “drop in” simple, with no controls requiring pre-alignment, allowing the fastest and easiest setup possible.
Core camera controls such as shutter release, aperture, shutter speed, live view, info, exposure compensation, depth of field preview, Fn, flash exposure compensation, focus mode, AF/M and zoom are located at the user’s fingertips. Dual thumb levers, located on the right and left sides of NA-D810 pull important camera functionality from the back of the housing out to the handles. This allows quick access to Video Record, AF-ON (for thumb activated focus), ISO and Image Playback. Complete control of the camera is available from the ergonomic rubberized handles.
NA-D810 Feature Checklist
- Unsurpassed build quality, designed by an award winning engineering team, and produced utilizing the most modern manufacturing technology available.
- Ergonomically placed controls with size, shape, and color differentiation.
- Access to all camera controls. All controls clearly labeled.
- Patented two stage shutter release system, allowing precise feel over half press and full press.
- Patented Port Locking System.
- Patent pending Multi Controller pad.
- Lens release button.
- Easy to operate locking housing latches.
- Rubberized ergonomic grips.
- Quick release camera mounting plate.
- Optical strobe connectors for fiber optic flash triggering.
- Dual M16 accessory holes for electrical bulkhead, HDMI, hydrophone, or vacuum valve installation.
- Integrated vacuum monitoring and leak detection circuit (valve optional).
- Dual 1” (25mm) strobe mounting balls included as standard equipment.
- 1/4-20 tripod mounting holes.
- Dual 10mm threaded accessory mounting points.
- .66x optical glass pickup finder (magnifying 180 and 45 viewfinders available optionally).
- 100m Depth Rating.
Precision requires vision: A high resolution camera like the Nikon D810 demands perfect focus for optimal results. Fortunately, Nauticam has developed the most user-friendly interchangeable viewfinders available.
The standard optical glass viewfinder is very good and travel friendly, but many photographers prefer the ease of a magnified viewfinder with adjustable diopter. Nauticam produces a “straight” 180º enlarging viewfinder and a 45º angled enlarging viewfinder to enhance the ease of close quarters work often associated with macro shooting. Both viewfinders have high quality optics, and allow bright viewing of the entire image. A patented external dioptric adjustment allows personal adjustment to a sharp-as-a-tack standard underwater and viewfinder changes can be executed in less than 30 seconds without using tools. Exceptional composition and focus accuracy have never been more accessible.
- 180º Enhancing Viewfinder (32201).
- 45º Enhancing Viewfinder (32203).
- Patent Pending Super Macro Converter (81201), providing 2.3:1 reproduction ration with the popular AF-S 105mm /2.8G VR Macro Lens.
- Vacuum Valve (25612).
- Complete line of flat and dome ports for all major lenses, available in acrylic and glass.
- Locking port extension rings from 10mm to 90mm.
- Monitor/Recorder Housing for Atomos Ninja2 (17902).
- Monitor Housing for SmallHD DP4 Monitor (17901).
- Fiber optic cables for Inon (26211) and Sea&Sea (26212).
- Full line of mounting accessories for lighting, including mount balls, strobe adapters, arms, clamps, and specialty items.
- Multiple styles of lanyards.
- Lens holders, including flip-up.
- Focus and Zoom gears for many Nikon, Tokina, and Sigma lenses.
- Port Adapters for Aquatica, Ikelite, Inon, Nexus M5 & M6, Sea & Sea NX, Seacam, Subal Version 3 & 4, and Zillion.
- Handle accessories including smaller handles, handle extensions for cold water diving.